The purpose of the Clemson LGBTQ+ Alumni Council shall be to establish and maintain an official affinity group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning (LGBTQ+) alumni, and LGBTQ+ friendly allies who are alumni, under the auspices of the Clemson University Alumni Association. The Board Members of the Clemson LGBTQ+ Alumni Council are all volunteers who work together to achieve the following objectives:
- Raise funds for the Clemson LGBTQ+ Alumni Council Scholarship Endowment for the benefit of an undergraduate student(s) who have made contributions to the LGBTQ community through leadership, service, volunteering, or research.
- Help Clemson achieve its goal of becoming and/or maintaining its status as a Top 20 National University by promoting equality for all students, faculty, and staff.
- The LGBTQ+ Alumni Council will work to promote the concept of “One Clemson,” which endeavors to engage all students, faculty, staff, alumni, and visitors, particularly freshmen and transfer students, in experiential, interactive activities aimed at facilitating dialogue and increasing awareness of and respect for different cultures and backgrounds.
- Provide professional networking and social activities for LGBTQ+ alumni and allies who are alumni.
- Work with and support the on-campus Clemson University LGBTQ+ groups.
- Work with the University to improve its nondiscrimination, harassment, and related policies to protect all the members of the LGBTQ+ community.